It started to feel more like work.

Get your BF4 on!

Moderator: Admin forum access

It started to feel more like work.

Postby KcMsterpce » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 pm

But it's my first level cap with any BF game, so that feels good. I came pretty close in BC2.
KcMsterpce
I r teh K1ng 0f Sp4Mm1nG aow (aka MJ)!!

Re: It started to feel more like work.

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 am

Damn dude. Nice. I'll never get there. I suck too much.
"A lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying" - Bloodhound Gang
Spaceman Spiff

Postby KcMsterpce » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:23 am

I'm a terrible "face-to-face" gamer. My KDR is shit, but what's fun about Battlefield is you can make up for not being a good "killer" with tactical gameplay. I give orders like a mofo, thus mass points from that. I am usually "supply boy" on most rounds, giving more ammo than anyone else on the map. I can be ranked in the top 5 on a server with a bad KDR, because I'm playing the game for points in OTHER ways.
It frustrates me how little people play the objective and don't utilize the tools for their class the way that works best for each scenario. That's where I excel, and I'd say I'm one of the better players when it comes to "winning" without shooting people in the face.

It was a hard slog, and granted I got most of my points during double XP days, but I just wanted to level cap. After doing it this morning, I spent all day just unlocking weapons for shits and giggles.
For example I unlocked the Unica today, and the Deagle. Also two rifles. One required me to get a pistol kill, 40mm kill and defib kill in a round. The first two parts were easy... 600 tickets later and 25+ deaths after that I finally got a defib kill lol

Also, I got 2 million points as Commander. I've been complimented during rounds by players on the chat screen about my ability to lead, and I've turned the tide several times with a win - even after starting the round 300 tickets behind. It is usually because two or three out of 5-7 squads are actually FOLLOWING my orders and kicking ass because of it.

There's so much you can do in the game if you feel like improving somewhere. Now that I've reached 130, I find that my gameplay is a lot more relaxed and I don't give a DAMN what my score is. I just hang out and have more fun now, while still asking for orders (which a squad hardly ever does) and playing to win. I'm a Conquest guy, so I try to make sure our squad works at taking the majority of objective points, so we can bleed the other teams' tickets.
Stuff like that. Some times I am running/driving/flying across the map - not shooting anyone - almost half the round because a choke point is at a far end of the map, and I'm running to the other side to try and move the battle to the other side... while taking A, B, and C in the process.

But I've come to realize that if everyone played the game like I do, it would be MUCH different - and I'd be yet AGAIN on the bottom of the list all the time hahaha. So in a way I feel "special" but also it sucks that I'm not really good at killing people. Then I'd be fucking awesome.
KcMsterpce

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks to double xp weekends and boosters I'm about to hit level 91. I just may make it to 120 but it's going to take some time.
"A lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying" - Bloodhound Gang
Spaceman Spiff

Postby KcMsterpce » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Yeah double XP weekends are awesome.

Now I find myself being pretty lazy in-game. I still request orders, and if the Squad Leader doesn't give any I make my own squad. Almost always people join it, which is great.
So now I roam around and try to unlock different assignments while making sure my squad gets orders and more points.
KcMsterpce

Return to Battlefield 4