[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Art of War • View topic - RO2 Suggestions Thread

RO2 Suggestions Thread

Moderator: Admin forum access

RO2 Suggestions Thread

Postby Spectre1024 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Suggestions, constructive comments, and observations about the RO2 server. Old timers, regulars, and newbies are all welcome to post here.

We'd like to encourage the vistors reading this to sign up with our forums and let us know what you think.
Spectre1024
Server Admin

Re: RO2 Suggestions Thread

Postby WildSpoon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:00 pm

well its not secret i hate countdown mode but i know a lot like it so no big deal, a rotation is a rotation. I think that tank map has to go tho, its really crap IMO. I dunno if theres a way to just remove that from the rotation, we could manually load it up now and then if ppl have a craving or something idk, i just notice that the server overall player count kinda dwindles during countdown and during that tank map expecially. The rest of the maps are fine and that territory mode seems to fill the server with players the quickest.
WildSpoon
U mad Bro?

Postby HEYBONE » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:12 pm

more than 1 sniper per team. We don't have to get crazy with it, but how about at least 2? MAYBE 3 at most?
"If It's 2 in the afternoon and you ain't high, go fuck yourself" ~
HEYBONE
I r teh K1ng 0f Sp4Mm1nG aow (aka MJ)!!

Postby Caboose » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:09 am

Caboose
Keeper of the Holy Hammer

Postby fallenphoenix » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:51 am

Agree with Spoon on countdown. It's interesting, and might be fun for a private game or something, but it doesn't seem to fit into the rotation at all. Tank map sucks ass. All the tanks look the same, and it's an instant session ban if you hit the slightly gray tank instead of the slightly brown tank <_<

I can see maybe 2 snipers per side for a 32 man game. Ideally it's one sniper for the first 8-10 on each team, then bumps to 2 snipers for 10-16 or something. Any more than that and everyone will sit around sniping. That's not about it being boring or frustrating, because there's enough cover to easily flank any but the most organized teams, but rather because half your team being snipers, means half your team is not attacking the objective.
fallenphoenix
Uncle Touchy's Favorite

Postby HEYBONE » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 am

HEYBONE

Postby KingCack » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:21 pm

I will check these settings out tonight. I know we can disable all vehicles. We will talk tonight on the tank maps. Thanks for suggestions, keep them coming.
KingCack
Server Admin

Postby Caboose » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Caboose
Keeper of the Holy Hammer

Postby HEYBONE » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:07 pm

:handjob:
HEYBONE

Postby WildSpoon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 pm

UPDATE: countdown is still shit.

EDIT: maybe a more elaborate feedback is more welcome? lol...

Personally, when im playin on a 64 player server in territory mode its pretty fuckin fun, more so than blops was for me at any point, shit feels like chaos / warfare... Hell even the other nite when we actually got the server up to 32 on TE mode it was doin great. I just think its really hard to steadily build the server population when the game mode keeps changing. People join based on the mode (i know when im looking for servers i only join TE ones). Without fail, every time that server goes CD, ppl dead are all "why cant i spawn wtf, this is shit..." etc etc then leave, rinse repeat, server never fills. Not sayin its justified and CD definitely has its place and whatnot, but mixed modes servers in any game almost always fail to stay full, hence most servers settle on any single mode. We should pick one. TE or CD, and just stick with it. Maybe the population will fill / keep ppl interested in the given mode.

Is there even a way to do this? (one mode, all maps, in rotation)
WildSpoon
U mad Bro?

Postby KingCack » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:27 am

There is a way to set that. I think this weekend we will be able to get some solid game time in to see CD does. So far Admins/mods have not played enough to gauge this. I think after this weekend we should have enough experience with the server to make a solid call.

keep'em coming guys. We need this feedback to get back to a full server.

One more thing for everybody:
let's all work hard to get people in our vent. Once they are in our vent I feel they will keep coming back. when our vent is full, I think everyone has a blast. This is because of all of you. So, please promote promote promote.

-Cack
KingCack
Server Admin

Postby KingCack » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:29 am

I just recieved noticed from NFO that they have fixed our server starting issue. We should have to force start the server anymore. :cheers:
KingCack
Server Admin

Postby Wreckage » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Wreckage
I Fucking Hate You All

Postby KingCack » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:34 pm

We made some changes to fix the "ROEntry" issues. As of 1:35pm (MTN) the server is up and running. If it's not let us know asap.

:cheers:
KingCack
Server Admin

Postby BroHamBone -_- » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Played on a 64 man server. Was pretty sweet except the lag. I have around 160 ping and mine was one of the lowest. It would hard lag and jump around at the beginning of the map and sometimes in the middle. I took a couple screenshots of my work :mrgreen: Its on keiths profile though lol!

**I was learning commander so i had a few Friendly FIres!
The Art of War. A community of brotherly love. Wait... who am i kidding. Go F*CK yourself! Have a wonderful day!
BroHamBone -_-
Server Admin

Next

Return to Red Orchestra 2