Ok War Z, what to do?

Zombie survivalists in all games can meet here.

Moderator: Admin forum access

Ok War Z, what to do?

Postby D@FFY » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm bored as fuck and currently unemployed.

I've been told by Yak that this game is pretty hard and frustrating (dunno if he was soloing or not, and I believe it was still in Alpha at the time).

Is it worth it? From what I've seen, the graphics don't look very impressive, does game play make up for it?

How frustrating is it? Am I going to be throwing my keyboard across the room?

Out of all of you that have it, how many of you play daily and are addicted? How many have played it, and already shelved it?

Is buying one of the versions that comes with in-game currency worth it? There's one for $25 that comes with $15 of in-game cash, wtf does $15 get you in there?

Also, I've noticed with many MMOs, if you buy it too late, everyone is WAY higher level than you, and you don't stand a chance in levelling unless you play on a PvE server (BOO). How does PvP work in there? Are ALL the servers PvP? How the fuck do they have an "mmo" where you can get Private servers? Do you have to make a new toon for every server?

I'm thinking of doing this today, so let me know.
D@FFY
I r teh K1ng 0f Sp4Mm1nG aow (aka MJ)!!

Re: Ok War Z, what to do?

Postby D@FFY » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Better yet, how do I get a trial?
D@FFY

Postby D@FFY » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm impatient. So I got the basic $15 version with no in-game cash. It's still downloading. How do I get in the clan? Are you guys in CAL? (lol)

triple post ftw.
D@FFY

Postby pigula » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Damn daff you must be bored but yes it is a difficult game especially when going solo. Just post your toon name's on the character spot thread and I will invite them man.
pigula
mod squad member

Postby Dizz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm

The game is fun with a group of people and an objective... If you play by yourself you are more than likely to get pissed and quit for a while. There is also the chance of you getting killed by a hacker... happened to me about 25% of the time when I died. Also if you are playing with people and you got a Rambo dumbass that wants to go start shooting at zombies and give away your position, then your whole team gets wiped out.... you'll get pissed. Overall I've enjoyed it and had GREAT times... well worth 15$!
Tomato wrote:Dizz, I want your C, men.
Dizz
Don't touch me there

Postby pigula » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:19 am

Maybe you need to start hopping on and playing more you bastardo. I play a few nights a week and only wreck joins in.
pigula
mod squad member

Postby Dizz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:14 pm

School has begun again... You may forget that I work and go to school full time
Tomato wrote:Dizz, I want your C, men.
Dizz
Don't touch me there

Postby pigula » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:45 pm

No excuses :twofinger
pigula
mod squad member

Postby D@FFY » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 pm

I keep running into weird problems.

My global inventory is packed full of guns, but all day yesterday I couldn't find a single backpack. So all I've got are smalls (from dying).

Sucks when I go out pwning and I rape some fool coming out of Norad or Campos, and he drops some good guns and no backpack, I can't loot shit if I've already got like an AK and pistol.

I've noticed certain spots are good for certain items. Anyone know where I'd be more likely to get large or those "alice" (shameless resident evil plug?) backpacks?
D@FFY

Postby D@FFY » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm

eh, let me get this straight. If all your guys get killed by hackers in a matter of minutes, you have to wait an hour to play again or delete one of your guys and start over? That's enough to make me want to say FUCK THIS and go play Planetside 2, which is free and a complete game. /verypissed
D@FFY

Postby pigula » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Like I said its good with a group but when your solo it can be stressful and bags spawn in the tunnel and also echo and the super market in parkville.
pigula
mod squad member

Return to Zombies!!!!