H1Z1 ?

Zombie survivalists in all games can meet here.

Moderator: Admin forum access

H1Z1 ?

Postby Wreckage » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Anyone thinking about checking out this game? It was launched today and seems to be a lot of buzz about it as the next zombie open-world game.

- W
Wreckage
I Fucking Hate You All

Re: H1Z1 ?

Postby Pat_Tillman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Haven't heard of it....
Pat_Tillman
Server Admin

Postby Spectre1024 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:08 pm

The only buzz I heard came from this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2sn2du/please_do_not_get_h1z1_due_to_manipulative_lies/

From what I gather, the word is that H1Z1 allegedly repeatedly promised that they would not be Pay to Win but then promptly included an "air drop" system that was discovered to have some very significant goodies such as food and high level guns.

The developer may still be open to changing the system fix this. In addition, refunds are being given to people who paid for Beta access, seemingly outside of the Steam system so as not to impact their Steam sales numbers and jeopardize the game's continued presence on Steam. Not sure if this means paid-Beta access players also own a license for the final game or not. I am also not clear on whether it is supposed to be Free 2 Play to begin with or if that's only the beta. The refund will be no questions asked, according to the top post in that thread.
Spectre1024
Server Admin

Postby Wreckage » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Eventually it will be free to play ... but right now in early access it is like 20 bucks.

Now free to play yes but like you said, it might be pay to win. there is some argument with that. You'd think after the War Z debacle they would know better .. I guess it will remain to be seen.

Anyway, lots of buzz out there about the game, lots of people playing. Since I've already invested many hours in War Z, and Day Z, not sure if I want another, but it looks interesting.

People are kind of calling it if Day Z and Rust had a baby it would be this game.

- W
Wreckage
I Fucking Hate You All

Postby hellbound » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:26 am

all give it a few months before I actually look into this.
hellbound
U mad Bro?

Postby hellbound » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:28 am

all give it a few months before I actually look into this. I am really wanting one of these game to actually work because iv'e had some fun nights playing with pig and spartan on the Day z mod and I really want to relive some of that shit was fun.
hellbound
U mad Bro?

Postby banshee » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:24 am

Well this game had a lot of promise but they sure did fuck that up and get greedy with the pay to win system. I don't have time to game, but look forward to getting back into it around June. I would much rather have it a one time fee and play.
banshee
The Scrambler!

Postby Wreckage » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:37 pm

I agree with you Banshee, after seeing some of the stuff posted online and elsewhere, while it looks cool and some of the crafting and survival things are interesting ... its just the same pay to win/kill on site shit as War Z and Day Z. Day Z looks 1,000x better and is more immerse so I'll stick to that.

- W
Wreckage
I Fucking Hate You All

Postby D@FFY » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:35 pm

War Z sucks truckloads of dick. When people ask me what that game is about I tell them "it's some seriously low-rent fraud scheme ...with a GUI"

I'm seriously interested in 7 Days to Die though. I saw some of you guys had it in your games lists, is it any good? I like the whole harvest/build/survive theme games, as long as there's a LOT of shit to build, and you don't have to spend like 500 hours gathering items to make some tiny ass hut to squat in. lol

The Forest is going to be fucking awesome when it's done (instead of "zombies" it's more like "mutant cannibals, with tits"), pretty damn good graphics (blows rust and minecraft out of the water, at least). It's not a "voxel" game, you can cut down the trees and build shelters and shit with them, but there's no mining/terraforming.

And probably Stranded Deep will rock too, but it's more like bear grylls style, your only enemies (so far) are thirst/hunger/sharks. I played it for a few hours, and crafted the whopping like, 10 items you can make... Still brand new though so hopefully they add fucktons of more stuff.

The Forest seems to be legit however, they're patching and adding shit constantly still so it doesn't seem to be a "take your money and run" scheme like War Z (or whatever they changed the name to, so they could try and sucker more people into getting it after they heard bad things about War Z, lel).
D@FFY
I r teh K1ng 0f Sp4Mm1nG aow (aka MJ)!!

Postby D@FFY » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:45 pm

banshee wrote:Well this game had a lot of promise but they sure did fuck that up and get greedy with the pay to win system. I don't have time to game, but look forward to getting back into it around June. I would much rather have it a one time fee and play.

Not all F2P game suck. Some of them only "sell" shit that's purely cosmetic, or makes you rank up a little faster, but you're still on a level playing field with those who didn't (i.e. Planetside 2, Defiance etc.)

I've noticed some of the good games that were monthly fee, who then changed over to F2P seem to have immediately gotten overrun with hackers though. APB reloaded would be a prime example. That game had a RIDICULOUS amount of potential, I got it and was like "this is so much win!" ...but now it's unplayable because SO MANY people just blatantly hack in it, no really, i'd say this game probably sets the record for blatant nub hacks who don't know how to hide it, or even bother. Makes me sad. Pretty sure if you get banned in APB, it's just your account, not MAC ban or even an IP ban, so they just make another free account and are back in 5 mins... epic fucking fail.
D@FFY
I r teh K1ng 0f Sp4Mm1nG aow (aka MJ)!!

Return to Zombies!!!!