Homefront Ban

Were you banned from any of our servers? State your case here.

Moderator: Admin forum access

Homefront Ban

Postby john john » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Wish I'd seen this sub-forum earlier :)

I was playing on the AOW Homefront server last night (as I often do) and was unexpectedly banned.

I just came across the AOW website today, checked the rules to make sure I didn't do anything wrong, but don't see anything off-hand.

The reason I am writing is to inquire about the reason for my banning on the server, and if possible, to see if I can correct whatever the reason was, and have my access to the Homefront server restored. It's pretty much my favorite server for Homefront, so it was a bit of a surprise to have been suddenly banned. I wasn't chatting at the time, and was in the middle of a 3-12 round, so... Not sure what it might have been. Possibly my name, but haven't seen anything on the server or here that would indicate a lack of tolerance for "flavor" :) If this is the case though, please let me know and I am happy to change my name in order to continue enjoying the server.

I was playing under the name Clit.O.Rick

Thanks for your time, and any information you can provide.
john john
Fucking post something already

Re: Homefront Ban

Postby Pat_Tillman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Hello Clit.O.Rick!

After several complaints from players about suspicious "impossible" shots, I started to spectate you using the first person spectate mode available to game admins. What concerned me was that during this mode, I noticed you sniping several players without ever scoping in on them with your gun. If I spectated any other player, I observed that I would indeed see them scope in and scope out. I at first thought maybe the fact that I didn't see you scope in or out may have been a glitch in the spectate mode; however, things didn't seem right after watching several other players and not noticing the same issue.

Because you have taken the time to write to us twice, I am assuming that maybe I have jumped the gun with your ban. As such, I have lifted the ban (please let me know if it didn't work). Please keep in mind that we try to keep our gaming server fair for all and will not tolerate any kind of hack since this drives away people we want to continue to play with us. This is the first and foremost reason for the ban. I simply wanted to make sure I weeded out anything that seemed suspicious.

I look forward to you coming back and playing with us and I also would like to invite you to join our community and exchange thoughts in our forums. Not everyone is an asshole like me! :) Again, please contact us if the lifting of the ban did not work out as planned.
Pat_Tillman
Server Admin

Postby john john » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Hey, Pat. Thanks for the reply.

That sounds weird, and I'm not sure what could have been causing that. I'm rocking like a .84 K/D ratio, but that's up from like .5 a few weeks ago, now that I am finally getting a bit better :) I'm definitely scoped down my weapon. Usually using thermal goggles (maybe that is the variable).

Well, anyways, hopefully it was a one-time issue. I appreciate both your desire to keep the server free of hackers for our benefit, and also your willingness to hear me out.

Thanks very much
john john
Fucking post something already

Postby Pat_Tillman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Not a problem. I'm glad you decided to post up your concerns so we could iron things out!
Pat_Tillman
Server Admin

Return to Banned Forum